Precautions of Application For Two Component Polyurethane Sealants
The two component polyurethane and sealants are typically applied for the bonding in the building, transportation and concrete preformed units as well as the filled sealing in some gaps occurred in the process. Due to its good performance and price, it is widely used in a variety of industries.
Some precautions for application are as follow:
1. Clean the surface prior to use, and keep substrate dry, clean and no oil.
2. Before applying, paint the primer on the surface, and paste 50mm protective tapes on the two sides that are 10mm from the gaps respectively after the surface is dry.
3. Mix the polyurethane sealants and curing agent at ratio, and don’t stop stirring them until there is no color difference.
4. Dispense the mixed fluid into the gaps until it is full, and press it; scrape them with a putty knife.
5. Remove the protective tapes after finishing the application, and avoid water and rain within 24 hours.
6. Polyurethane foam has strong water absorption, and attention must be paid to the moisture resistance to avoid its shrinkage.