SBS Waterproof Membrane Features
SBS is a styrenic thermoplastic elastomer and is a styrene-butadiene-styrene triblock copolymer. In SBS, the polystyrene and polybutadiene segments clearly show a two-phase structure, polybutadiene. For the continuous phase, polystyrene is the dispersed phase, giving it two glass transition temperatures. The first glass transition temperature (Tg1) is -88 to -83°C, and the second glass transition temperature (Tg2) is At 90°C, the end-group polystyrenes aggregated together between Tg1 and Tg2 to form microdomains dispersed between the polybutadiene continuous phases, acting as physical crosslinks, fixed segments, vulcanization enhancement, and cold flow resistance. The high elasticity and fatigue resistance of the vulcanized rubber, when the temperature rises to Tg2, the softening and flowing of the polystyrene phase gives the SBS resin flow processability. The two-phase separation structure makes it possible to form a spatial three-dimensional network structure with the asphalt matrix, thereby effectively improving the temperature performance, tensile properties, elasticity, cohesive adhesion properties, stability of the mixture, and aging resistance of the asphalt. Among many asphalt modifiers, SBS can simultaneously improve the high and low temperature performance and temperature sensing performance of asphalt, making it the most researched and applied variety. SBS modified asphalt currently accounts for 61% of the global asphalt demand.
The main features
1. The area with large temperature difference has good high temperature resistance and low temperature resistance
2. Good resistance to rutting, good elasticity and toughness
3. Improve the anti-fatigue ability of the road surface, especially in the roads with large flow and overload, and have a good ability to adapt, which can reduce the permanent deformation of the road surface
4. The bonding ability is particularly strong, can significantly improve the tensile strength of the pavement after water exposure, and greatly improves the water stability of the asphalt.
5. Improve the skid resistance of the road surface
6. Improve the bearing capacity of the road surface
7. To reduce asphalt aging caused by ultraviolet radiation on the road surface
8. Reduce damage caused by vehicles leaking diesel, oil and gasoline